Hello there, little powderpuff!My name is Matilde Elisabeth, and I am one of those new chaps who has decided to have a go at this whole blogging thing, and was convinced to follow through on that idea by my two gorgeous and wonderful friends, Katie and Annika.
My main purpose with this page is reviews and ideas revolving mostly around makeup and fashion. I am not a makeup artist, nor am I a professional stylist, but over the past nineteen odd years of my life, I like to think I have picked up a piece of wisdom or two that I would love to pass on. However I do have makeup artist dreams, and maybe that is a journey this blog can follow me on.
On the frontier of the fashion I would like to discuss in my blog, lets start with what I am wearing:
- Hat - Topshop
- Mickey Mouse hands CropTop - H&M
- Black highwaisted shorts - Supré (and about 5 years old it's a miracle I've hardly grown since I was 14- I swear they fit me better now than they did then)
- Shoes - Cherry Red Patent Dr. Martens
- Bag - Kaboodle Design
Anyway, moving onwards. As previously mentioned, I'm nineteen years old and I live in Sydney, Australia. I have yet to begin my studies and am taking a year off between high school and studying to work (receptionist lyf). Right now I am happy and content to practice my hand at cosmetics while attempting to navigate this whole adulthood thing - it's kinda odd. Suddenly people call me ma'am? And I get called a Lady? Being an adult is a somewhat absurd and bizarre experience.
It's pronounced Matilda, by the way.
Now to my intentions for this little page I have here. I want to write reviews of makeup products (and I would love love love for anyone to tell me of a product they would like to see reviewed and I would most definitely try it out and write up my thoughts. Think of me as your very own human testing subject.), as well as giving little Powderpuff Tips and talking fashion and life along the way.
Makeup products used:
- Primer - Benefit Porefessional
- Concealer - M.A.C Pro Longwear in the shade NW15
- Foundation - M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid in the shade NW10
- Powder - M.A.C Mineralise Skinfinish in the shade Light
- Bronzer - M.A.C Mineralise Skinfinish in the shade Medium/Dark*
- Blush - M.A.C Peaches and Cream (Sharon Osbourne collection)
- Base - M.A.C Camel Coat
- Eyeshadow - M.A.C Soft Brown (all over the lid), Embarked (in the crease), Antiqued (outer corner, blended through the crease and brought under the outside of the eye), Amber Lights (inner corner blended under the eye with Antiqued)
- Highlight - M.A.C Naked Pigment
- Eyeliner - Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in 001 Black
- Mascara - Benefit Bad Gal Lash
- Brow gel - Benefit GimmeBrow in the shade Light/Medium
- Lipliner - M.A.C Nightmoth
- Lipstick - M.A.C Gospel
*Powderpuff tip! If you are looking for a subtle bronzer to use for contouring, try using the powder you usually go for but a few shades dark. It creates a subtle and buildable colour for a more natural look.
If you look carefully at that list, you might see a certain brand that I like. Just a little bit. A teeny weeny little tiny bit. Maybe. Kinda. I need to go to M.A.C rehab. You know what they say - the first step is admitting you have a problem.
For tonight I believe that is all. I am never quite sure what to say as an introduction type situation, so I will leave you here, with the intention for being back soon with my first review! Maybe I'll start with a product that isn't M.A.C? Lets see if that's possible-
Stay cute, little powderpuffs.
xoxo Matilde Elisabeth